Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Philly Beer Geek Competition




I don't have to say it, we all know what the next 10 days hold...
Yes, a week so important, it needs 10 days: Philly Beer Week.

Well, to begin my celebration of Philly Beer Week I'll be competing in the Philly Beer Geek Competition.

Yes, I am a big beer geek and yes, I want to be crowned the biggest beer geek in Philly.

Last week I qualified at The Institute for the semi-final round tomorrow night.

Who know that memorizing the year the reinheitsgebot was adopted in would pay off?

I realize it's a long shot, this being the #1 beer drinking city in the country and all. But I'll be competing tomorrow night at the Manayunk Brewpub for 6 spots in the finals during Beer Week.

Here's the info for tomorrow, just in case anyone out there wants to support Femme Fermental:

Thursday, March 5, 2009 – SEMI-FINALS COMPETITION NIGHT!

Philly Beer Geek Finals Competition 2009

  • Finals Competition Time: 8:00-10:00 p.m.
  • Beer Music!!!
  • Place: Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant, 4120 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127 Ph: 215-482-8220
  • No Cover Charge!
  • Judges: Dr. Joel Armato, Lew Bryson, Suzanne Woods, Scoats, Larry Horwitz
Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the competition. It really means a great deal to me that you chose my place to qualify for the competition. I have a feeling that you're going to rock this.
--Heather

Femme Fermental said...

Hi Heather!

Thanks so much for sponsoring me! I'm incredibly excited about it! I'll be talking you up tomorrow night!

Thanks!