Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodbye Philly

As of today, I've officially left my hometown. And, in very Philly style, I was given a parting gift from the PPA. Although it's surely not my last ticket from them, it's a nice reminder of at least one thing I won't miss about Philly.



During my last month in Philly I tried to eat out as much as I could. I managed to visit it to Talula's Table, Amada, Distrito, Vetri, Zahav and Savona. As much as I love upscale dining, that's not all that Philly has to offer.



Saturday I made it to my favorite hoagie place in South Philly: Lombardi's. I just have a feeling that Western Massachusetts is going to disappoint me in the hoagie department - big time. Who knows what they even call them up there?



While I usually get the VIP, a more traditional Italian, I decided to get my Dad's favorite: the Italian Inferno. The usual Italian, but with shooters (provolone stuffed hot peppers). As I devoured this gloriousness in my car outside the hoagie shop, I was reminded that the Philly food scene really has it all.

So worry not, between the people and the food, I know I'll be making quite a few trips back to Philly.

Lombardi's Specialty Hoagies
1226 W. Ritner St.
Philadelphia, PA
215-389-2220

4 comments:

ash said...

Grinders!!!! We call them grinders up there, bitch :)

SMS said...

F*cking grinders. You can be like me and refuse to call them by the name.

But liquor stores are called Packys (for package store) -which is something I do keep in my vernacular to this day.

David McDuff said...

Good luck with the move, Gina, and blog on.

Femme Fermental said...

I will never call them grinders Ash! Sorry!

And do I have to call liquor stores packys? I don't know about that either...

Thanks David, I'll be sure to keep up with the blog somehow! Cheers!