Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Temptation at McMenamin's

Last night, a fellow Russian River follower, and Tria friend indulging in my obsession, kindly let me know that Temptation was on tap at McMenamin's Tavern in Mount Airy. Seeing as I don't have a job for the next two weeks, I drove right over.



While you wouldn't necessarily expect it, this local Mount Airy bar has an excellent beer list. Both European and American craft beer classic styles are well represented. And, their prices are more reasonable than most beer bars in Philly. This chalice was only 7 dollars.

And yes, they have Temptation on before many others in the area. I have to say, it was drinking very, very well. Nice winey nose, good tart sourness up front, and a citrus/tropical fruit palate that lingers. Believe me, it's worth the drive to Mount Airy.

McMenamin's Tavern
7170 Germantown Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119
215-247-9920

No comments: