Friday, March 6, 2009

Philly Beer Geek Finalist!

For those of you following along at home...

I've made it to the Philly Beer Geek finals!
Next week, 6 finalists will compete on Thursday night at the Manayunk Brewpub at 8pm.

You can check out the celebrity-judge's wrap ups: Lew Bryson and the Beer Lass. Thanks to both for their support :)

It was a tough competition. Some real beer geeks turned out. I believe it was my poem that clinched it for me:

One beer
Two beer
Red beer
Blue beer

Black beer
Blue beer
Old beer
New beer

Yes. Some are red. And some are blue.
Some are old. And some are new.

Oh me! Oh my!
Oh me! Oh my!
What a lot
Of funny beers go by.

Some have two malts
And some have four.
Some have six hops
And some have more.

Where do they come from? I can’t say.
But I bet they have come
A long, long way.

Some are funky.
And some are bretty.
Some are strong.
And some are low.

Not one of them
Is like another.
Don’t ask us why.
Go ask Lew Bryson.

And now
Good night.
It is time to drink.
So we will drink all through Philly beer week.

Speaking of Philly Beer Week, this evening I'll be at work.

But beer week will be coming to me. You can "Meet the Brewer," Bill Covaleski of Victory Brewing Company, at Tria Washington Square from 5-6pm.
Special pricing of beer and cheese 4-7pm.

Cheers! Let the festivities begin!

No comments: